Click on the button above to subscribe to the blips via RSS.
- May 06, 2023 at 07:07 AM
- I really want to see where dual actuator hard drives end up going. They could turn out to be really important for a lot of things, like faster disk performance and improved chances of recoverability.
- April 28, 2023 at 12:47 AM
- In the communities I did operate, there were a few people I knew and cherished... people who deserved better from me, those which kept me going when I was faced with various crippling roadblocks.
- April 27, 2023 at 04:34 AM
- The viability of operating a sane enough large community is next to nonexistent by now. Look at what happened to Newgrounds; it had a reputation for having a wild, probably rabid forum in a time, yet only now things have gotten so bad that it was just last month that they permanently closed off the general forum. I don't see any reason left to try running such a community again in that regard.
- April 24, 2023 at 08:36 PM
- ...but sometimes, maybe just a brief acknowledgement upfront could do a favor in putting some at ease?
- April 24, 2023 at 12:04 AM
- On faster computers, I've been using Windows ME more often lately for when I need to get a quick and reliable installation going with all the drivers for stress tests and what not. It works really great for the job.
- April 22, 2023 at 12:00 AM
- I think that YouTube will eventually purge the dislike button completely, in the same way they gave annotations two deaths.
- April 21, 2023 at 12:08 AM
- It's not healthy to develop an arbitrary dependence on other people who post things online.
- April 20, 2023 at 09:46 PM
- I wanted to record another podcast earlier this week, but a number of things got in the way. Realistically, that may be a thing for next month, if not the month after.
- April 20, 2023 at 12:07 AM
- Smoking is a violent crime. Just one joint will take you straight to hell. It's a proven fact!
- April 17, 2023 at 02:26 PM
- I hate these panics where everyone starts thinking that a guy is dead simply because he's been inactive on the internet for a long period of time.
- April 16, 2023 at 09:28 PM
- Trying to figure out how to explain SCSI makes my head hurt.
- April 15, 2023 at 10:49 AM
- Bring back the 5.25" form factor and we'll have 40TB hard drives in a snap.
- April 13, 2023 at 07:14 AM
- In Twitter news, robots are posting on Twitter about FreeBSD, indicating a promise has not been fulfilled. (I only know because I was looking into this whole Ames revival thing)
- April 10, 2023 at 10:06 PM
- Please read Cirno's new post. Those going out of their way to white knight corporations should think twice about it.
- April 04, 2023 at 06:22 AM
- Every time Twitter does something, it further proves it's self-aware of its failure as a platform and desperately wants you to laugh with it.
- April 04, 2023 at 05:55 AM
- MARIO MOVIE ??? NO WAY , WE NOT WATCH !!!
- April 03, 2023 at 02:43 AM
- LEVEL UP !!
- April 02, 2023 at 10:24 PM
- RIP microwave July 2011 - April 2023 at least it gave you the option to TURN THE BEEPER OFF !!!
- April 01, 2023 at 12:52 AM
- April 1st is such a lousy day for inconveniencing pranks.
- March 26, 2023 at 04:00 PM
- So, Blue Horizon is trying to get a new video tape up on his pages, and YouTube's started barking at him to provide a photo ID or "grow his channel" to be eligible to add external links in descriptions. I have only one thing to say... why?
- March 22, 2023 at 04:29 PM
- It's certainly more worth your time than Counter-Strike 2... really, is anyone going to care about a new installment in that series? I never liked any of them.
- March 22, 2023 at 01:58 PM
- Dr. Lunatic Supreme with Cheese is a seriously underappreciated game; you should go try it. I'd like to give it a more exhaustive review later on.
- March 17, 2023 at 11:14 PM
- We've been over this before. Please stop talking about the monetary worth of sound cards.
- March 17, 2023 at 05:29 AM
- Hang on... is it ethical to buy Tripp Lite products? Um...
- March 17, 2023 at 04:46 AM
- CyberPower is such an ass brand, can't stop turning off my computer for what may be no reason at all. I think my next UPS ought to come from Tripp-Lite...
- March 12, 2023 at 04:07 PM
- DST transitioning in the US needs to be abolished as soon as possible. It would really make my life a lot easier managing all the clocks in these computers here!
- March 11, 2023 at 05:51 PM
- Samsung dishwashers are awful, they do a horrible job at drying anything. Frigidaire was better!
- March 07, 2023 at 01:23 PM
- TikTok better be banned here as soon as possible... then go after Facebook and Twitter!
- March 01, 2023 at 12:07 PM
- Multi I/O controller failure seems to be far more common of an issue than is talked about in some of these old motherboards.
- March 01, 2023 at 10:32 AM
- Isn't it remarkable how biased the world is against the lives of fish? Look up "fish holding knife" and get the opposite result - fish being held at knifepoint. The wonders of search engines!
- February 27, 2023 at 04:38 AM
- "Retro" has become such a stale term...
- February 22, 2023 at 10:07 AM
- Progression of the new Infsect version has seriously stagnated. In regards to its internal batch capability, I had plans to implement a "one clean run" routine that would theoretically run very fast, but given that's not going well, I'll probably end up opting for a double file buffer instead.
- February 20, 2023 at 12:36 AM
- The audio catalog is here. Most of the stuff here is all just crap leftover soundbytes, but the promised podcast is available now as well.
- February 16, 2023 at 08:19 PM
- Be careful with what you wish for.
- February 16, 2023 at 05:39 PM
- The answers are live now.
- February 16, 2023 at 05:48 AM
- The death of so many of these "live service" games on such short notice calls back to one I vividly remember hearing about, called Darkspore... I handwrote and mailed a letter to an EA executive over this! Whadaya know...
- February 16, 2023 at 05:45 AM
- I didn't forget... #StopKillingGames
- February 15, 2023 at 07:58 PM
- Submissions for questions will be closed in five hours from now. Thank you for your contributions to this Harvard science research project.
- February 09, 2023 at 09:21 PM
- I miss the days when people hated Bill Gates for operating a very real monopoly on software, and not... baseless hysteria.
- February 09, 2023 at 01:23 PM
- The social media team is just as guilty as the corporate overlords for fanning the flames and deserves no sympathy.
- February 07, 2023 at 07:19 PM
- And suddenly I am reminded of the existence of Burnout 2, a game one of us rented at one point and I forgot about over the years. GOD DAMN, this looks like the kind of racing game I'd actually enjoy.
- January 28, 2023 at 06:48 AM
- New revelation: Internet Explorer 1.0 did not release on August 16th, 1995.
- January 26, 2023 at 08:39 AM
- I keep telling myself I should make some graphics for the left sidebar to serve as prettier links, somehow haven't ever gotten around to it.
- January 23, 2023 at 01:12 AM
- Hot take, I really don't like Quake II's soundtrack. It's not bad, it's that it's way too over the top for a scenario of uncertainty venturing through enemy territory. Something like the unsettling ambience from its predecessor would've fit in much better.
- January 22, 2023 at 04:57 AM
- I've been working on another update to Infsect, this time incorporating native batch functionality. Could Hierma see a possible revival in the future? Imagine the speed gains with the new program...
- January 15, 2023 at 11:48 AM
- Okay, the guides have been converted and should now be searchable, as well as pushed to RSS feeds.
- January 14, 2023 at 06:01 PM
- The worst way to play Doom is with a Sidewinder 3D Pro, no debates.
- January 12, 2023 at 06:12 PM
- The guides are being converted for the database. More RSS entries may pop up depending on which feed you're following. Hang in there.
- January 02, 2023 at 10:45 AM
- Whenever I hear the name "Carvana", all I can ever think of is that fish. Don't you?
- January 01, 2023 at 09:56 PM
- I'm continuing to make internal refinements to this site. One thing I've been reworking a bit is the RSS blip retrieval function, which will be supplying GUIDs soon. When the update is published, it is possible you may see a lot of duplicate entries in your reader due to the change.
- December 30, 2022 at 01:36 AM
- Kdenlive has gotten a lot more stable this year, and so too does it seem Olive has. The latter looks to have also improved significantly in a number of other ways, finally allowing for queueing multiple sequences for encoding in the background.
- December 28, 2022 at 11:36 PM
- The last video for Hardcore Windows coming up on Friday has something really important. You'll know what it is when you see it.
- December 23, 2022 at 01:30 PM
- Epic Failure chooses filth and dishonor. It sacrifices its nobility to chase a fragile dream of wealth.
- December 20, 2022 at 05:37 PM
- ...and it looks like they will be delisted from GOG as well??
- December 15, 2022 at 09:19 PM
- The Unreal games were delisted from Steam...
- December 12, 2022 at 02:15 PM
- Finally got around to fixing the IE 3.02 mirror on here so that all the required system files are loaded for Windows 95 RTM. Hopefully now it should install without throwing any errors on that software.
- December 12, 2022 at 02:41 AM
- Check the This : http://blueosmuseum.com/videos/video.php?v=bosm5yra
- December 10, 2022 at 09:04 AM
- December 09, 2022 at 12:06 PM
- You know video games are fucked when the only titles worth getting excited about are ports of obscure 80's/90's software.
- December 02, 2022 at 09:11 AM
- 1.6 is gonna take a little while longer. I've been taking care of some smaller things ahead of time.
Sort: Ascending | Descending
346 entries in this log